Sunday, December 2, 2012


Found this chair at a flea market.  I loved the frame.  I take a furniture upholstery class so I knew I could make it look pretty! 

I took it all apart and my mom helped me paint it and I and I put Annie Sloane dark wax on to finish.

In my class I retied the springs and after cleaning the horse haire I sewed it back in.

My teacher Donna had me cover it with muslin. I then added some kodel and finally the linen fabric I chose.
For the inside back I knew I wanted some kind of graphic (ok yes.. a little to much Pinterest viewing!)
I first took my graphic file to a t shirt printing place but didn't like the way it looked.  So I found some really nice ladies who made me a custom stencil.... I then had to figure out how to get the apply the stencil.. I first tried acrylic paint which made a big mess, then I tried a stamp pad which bled, frustated at this point I found a fabric marker which worked perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment